Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Coconut Syrup

Oh my goodness. This stuff is YUM! When we were in Hawaii, they had this coconut syrup and it was soooooo good. I'm pretty sure I had it everyday for breakfast. So I decited to re-create it. I scoured the internet for recipes and kept the empty bottle of the syrup we brought home (for the ingredient list.) And... I couldnt find anything I thought was right, so I combined several recipes, along with my own ideas and all I can say is YUM!

This is not exactly like the syrup there, but it is really good. I plan on serving it for dinner tonight with 'roll-ups' (my Dad's famous giant crepes) I can hardly wait!

Coconut Syrup

1 cup Light Karo syrup
1 can Sweetened condensed milk
1 can coconut milk
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp coconut extract

Heat all together in a saucepan over medium until the ingredients melt together, wisk if the powdered sugar is lumpy. Serve over pancakes, wafflles, or just eat with a spoon like me!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment